Data from STR shows negative results for the Asia Pacific region in three key performance metrics. This continues the negative trend also seen in Q1 2019.
Q2 Asia Pacific Performance
- Occupancy: -1.0% to 69.1%
- Average daily rate (ADR): -0.7% to $97.32
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): -1.6% to US$67.25
Manilla, Philippines bucked the trend with an increase in ADR and RevPAR. The country saw a 9.8 per cent increase in tourist arrivals during the first five months of 2019. Despite the rise in inbound tourism, occupancy in Q2 was down 1.1 per cent due to strong supply growth.
Central & South Asia
Following positive metrics in Q1, the upward trends in ADR and RevPAR have continued in Q2 for Central & South Asia. Metrics for the first 6 months of 2019 are all positive vs the same period 2018.
Year to date – June 2019 vs June 2018
- Occupancy: +0.1% to 65.7%
- Revenue per Average daily rate (ADR): +2.9% to $113.66
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +3% to $74.68