Two countries drive global construction pipeline record

According to Lodging Econometrics’ Global Construction Pipeline Trend Report, the total global construction pipeline is an all-time high of 12,839 projects, 61% of which comes from just two countries.

The bi-annual report, which compiles construction pipeline counts for every country and market around the world counts a total of 2,158,422 rooms in the pipeline.

Concentration of projects

The US accounts for 41% of projects (5,312 projects/634,501 rooms) in the total global construction pipeline, while China accounts for 20% (2,523 projects/556,645 rooms), resulting in 61% of projects in the global pipeline being concentrated in just these two countries.

Hospitality Insider Issue 4